Monday, November 3, 2008

SSGT NUCKLES

This past Saturday we loaded up the kids at 0730 to watch Aaron's promotion. We have waited a long time for this day to come let me tell you! So anyways, we get to PMO and all of Aaron's guys are there as well. I was pretty happy about that. With it being so early in the morning I wasnt sure how the turn out would be. We then all go up to this little room where the promotion begins. They read the warrant which says all sorts of things, I cant really remember, then it was time to pin him on. Which basically means, we remove his old chevrons and replace with his new Staff Sergeant chevrons. Usually, this is done by a higher ranking marine that the promotee respects but Aaron decided that he wanted us to do it instead. The kids tried to put each chevron on but were having some trouble with it so I helped them out. Im sure that will be something they will always remember. After all of that, the guys all chipped in and bought Aaron a name plate for his desk. I thought that was pretty awesome.

Here are a few of the pictures taken from that morning.